Monday, January 09, 2012

Kindle or Kobo?

Nope I don't have an eReader ... instead I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 (the original 7" one). Both Kindle and Kobo reading software are installed on my - Laptop, my iPhone4, my Galaxy Tab and also my iPad 1.

I liked the Kindle reader - more for the great content from Amazon. I chanced upon Kobo not so much by choice but by the rumble of mergers and acquisitions in the corporate world (Samsung gave me a few free books from WHSmith on the Tab. WHSmith have moved over to the Kobo reader so all my purchases were transferred from the WHSmith android app to the Kobo app) .

The Kobo app has a much fresher look than the Kindle app. The Kindle app, for some reason looks and feels very dated. The social and other features of Kobo (except for the feature which plans to tell the world what you are reading via your FB account - if you enable it) such as badgets etc are also cool and the book shelf also looks much more polished than the interface of the Kindle software.

I have moved over to Kobo and have started purchasing books from there. Will update you if I change my mind and any reasons associated with the same.


No comments: